What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I decided on the Droid from Verizon. But, they want $30 for unlimited and $10 for limited. Does anyone have the $1 deal and like it. I have a problem with $30 a month extra.

If you guys are having them shipped I have a bunch of carboys for sale.. I am willing to ship them and give you a good deal if you buy more than one.. I feel mine are fairly priced as they are. Check out the classified section for more details if you are interested.

Have a guy picking up the 6 gallon carboys today.. he got lucky cause they are brand new in the box. Put the protective nets on them and bungs included..

Oh and... what am I doing today. Dumping the thawed raspberries into a 2000L tank and just unloaded a semi of 26 pallets of bottles

About to leave the office for a bit of field work then heading home for the weekend.
Can't wait to relax and read books on my kindle. Sunday I'm stabilizing the cab sauv and pineapple wines.

Soaking another 24 bottles. Darn sinl overflowed when I went upstairs to check on something. Figures, no floor drain on that part of the basement. Oh well.

Having steaks for dinner this evening with baked potatoes and who knows what other vegitable.

Finished washing bottles after a nice steak dinner with my wife and daughter. Watched some TV for a while and then went to stir the Blueberry Pomegranate.

I pitched the 1116 yeast on Sunday, initial SG was 1.092 per DJSteves recipe from what he gave us (very deliscious by the way). Temps have been at about 74 with a brew belt added on Tuesday and SG tonight was 1.044. Taste is excellent so far. If etoh level was a bit more, with the carbonation, this would be a wondeful drink.

How can I carbonate without corking in a champagne bottle? Is this possible?

I took ph levels, forget what they were.

I made my presentation at the 60th annual Finger Lakes Grape Conference. All the experts were there from Cornell, and they had asked me to speak on growing Cold Hardy grapes in Northern NY.

I got that done, and then went to a small 40 person wine tasting where we tasted two of my wines, some from the Research station on Long Island and Bruce Reisch's two leading canidated for release. He won't name a date for release. I have both of them growing here.

Next up was a large tasting with a couple hundred people trying about 100 wines from the Finger Lakes. It was a fun day.

I took a gallon of last years Blueberry Pomegranate wine and blended it with 4 gallons of Walker's Vignoles from last season. Created a blush. Sweetened to 1.010

After my wife sampled it I regret to inform everyone she will not be sharing with the other children.:)

I'm going to bottle some for her then sweeten a little more for 2 variations.

Racked my chocolate Choke Cherry wine last night. It has a deep intense dark red to it. Looks really nice. I ended up with 9 gallons in all. It has already started clearing nicely.

Trying to coordinate some bottling so I can rack some wines. It's crunch time.

Took my kids to the Rock Cats stadium for fan day. Won a bunch of tickets for opening day next month. Seems like winter may pass after all!

Tonight after kids go to bed.... More wine checking: chianti lemonade, ice wine, Shiraz/vognier and racking a couple. Or maybe while they are watching a movie I can do some of that.

Last night finished season 4 of Dexter. Anyone here watch that?

I need to get motivated to wash some bottles. 4 6-gallon carboys ready to bottle. I need to find 4 oz. bottles for the jalepeno pepper wine...

Mom's been looking at buying a house.. 1960's ranch style on 2.23 acres, 2000 sqft, 3bd 2bth.. Been cleanin up the rental we're living now, because whether or not this particular house works out, we're moving *somewhere* :)

Sure dont wanna come back to clean this place after i've got a new one to work on..

Feels kinda like... Well...

:cw

I need to get motivated to wash some bottles. 4 6-gallon carboys ready to bottle. I need to find 4 oz. bottles for the jalepeno pepper wine...

Dan if you have a place to buy new bottles look at getting 375ml splits. They are cheap at about $20 for 24 bottles. You can use the extra's for additional batches for test bottles.

I back sweetened my Noble Muscadine to 1.010. Very good flavor and given the higher than normal SG it seems to be taking it well. I'll bottle that next Friday so that I can bring a bottle or 2 to the DJRockinSteve get together for sampling.

Looking forward to next week.

If you ever need a hand, give me a holler. I'd be glad to lend a hand if I'm around.
Which hand will u lend?
Will he give it back?
I know when I "lend" something sometimes I dont get it back. Can U survive with only ONE hand? How can U make more wine??
:dg=:d

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back