Wine Making E-Book

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I didn't buy the book, but the first chapter is "Wine Kit Selection", so the book seems to be about making wine kits, thus not useful to some wine makers. It's only 99cents US so you won't go broke buying it.

FYI, you do NOT need a Kindle to read this. There are Kindle apps for most (all?) devices.

Steve

Creating an ID just to make one post pimping a book isn't good advertising, IMHO. I wouldn't buy it for that reason alone.

My Apologies

Sorry wasn't trying to retire on this book obviously at the cost of $0.99/book (most of which goes to Amazon) doesn't quite fuel my luxury yacht! I hope you don't treat all your new members like this.
I am trying to help people that may be interested in getting into making wine at home and are not sure of the commitment. I put a lot of time and effort creating this guide so that newbies could learn easy what is required of them. Additionally, experienced crafters may get some new tricks and tips. Surely anyone that can afford to take up making wine can afford $1.
Regardless, I will offer the book as a FREE download starting Jan 25 for those that wish to grab it.
I hope this gesture appeases the masses of this forum.

You can find it here:

http://bit.ly/FreeWineMakingBook

Remember FREE as of Jan 25, 2015, but only for a limited time.

Got it, read it and thanks for the info. Couple of clarification questions: What do you mean by CRU on the preferred wine kits? and when you say you use the hydrometer to determine final SG of the primary must, do you mean that you will always go for 1.095 regardless of the amount of water needed?? You indicated that there were just a few actual wine kits producers and given the recent purchases, fewer. Do you have any info on how many separate producers there are?? The ones I know are RJS, Wine Kitz, Wine Expert, Mosti Mondiale, PakLab and ADvintage
Ric
Ric

First of all, I realize it takes effort to write these things down, format it and get it published on Amazon. I think the fact that you have this free today is commendable. And I certainly appreciate the time and effort you and everyone who shares their knowledge puts in to educating people.

I am curious about you're use of yeast.

In the introduction and in Chapter 3 you talk about controlling the fermentation by limiting the amount of yeast you add. Can you explain what exactly you are controlling? Are you just prolonging the lag phase before the yeast gets established? Would that have any benefit over, say, cold soaking for a couple of more days prior to adding yeast?

Got it, read it and thanks for the info. Couple of clarification questions: What do you mean by CRU on the preferred wine kits? and when you say you use the hydrometer to determine final SG of the primary must, do you mean that you will always go for 1.095 regardless of the amount of water needed?? You indicated that there were just a few actual wine kits producers and given the recent purchases, fewer. Do you have any info on how many separate producers there are?? The ones I know are RJS, Wine Kitz, Wine Expert, Mosti Mondiale, PakLab and ADvintage
Ric
Ric
Hey Ric,
CRU is a juice produced by RJS. Yes I add the amount of water required to get me an SG=1.095. This is correlated to the percent alcohol of the final product.
As for number of producers, there are quite a few but I try to stick to the ones listed in the book as they have great quality and repeatable performance.

First of all, I realize it takes effort to write these things down, format it and get it published on Amazon. I think the fact that you have this free today is commendable. And I certainly appreciate the time and effort you and everyone who shares their knowledge puts in to educating people.

I am curious about you're use of yeast.

In the introduction and in Chapter 3 you talk about controlling the fermentation by limiting the amount of yeast you add. Can you explain what exactly you are controlling? Are you just prolonging the lag phase before the yeast gets established? Would that have any benefit over, say, cold soaking for a couple of more days prior to adding yeast?
Using less yeast will add time to the fermentation process and thus controlling this process. If you add the entire amount usually provided by the kit, it will ferment quicker which in my mind is not desireable.

Thinking outside the box

UNDERSTANDING: KIT manufactures design a product with a specific end in mine, at least I think so, slowing down any process on a mfg. kit would not have a desirable outcome, you change design, I have tweaks kits for a while now and have good success and some failures, I can stop fermentation to control the residual sugar levels but I WOULD NOT THINK THAT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA FOR A PRE MANUFACTURED KIT.ON the other hand there are ways of slowing down fermentation with out minimizing the yeast work, at least that's my thoughts..:i this will be a tough sell to this forum>>.:ib

Sorry wasn't trying to retire on this book obviously at the cost of $0.99/book (most of which goes to Amazon) doesn't quite fuel my luxury yacht! I hope you don't treat all your new members like this. .

Intro is kindof on you, we have seen so many Ultimate winemaking books, somebody buys 3 kits and makes them and writes a book giving everyone advice about how to make wine:) You have no introduction just hey I wrote the ultimate winemaking book:) Bet you even got a few youtubes on racking right? Maybe on how to use a handcorker? I strongly encourage people to write about fun things but at least give us some background and intro before you try to tell us you got an ultimate book. WVMJ

wine making E- book

Hi wine Author,
I bought your books on Amazon.:try My son is a journalist so I have a soft heart because of all the work involved/
Corinth

check out A glass half full: the beginners guide to home winemaking. its also an e-book.

Back