Greetings from Central PA

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgmann67

Rennaisance Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm new to wine making. How new?? Well, I have equipment to make wine being delivered tomorrow and my first kit (an RJS select Cab) is coming the week after.

I'm big into red wines; my wife likes a lightly oaked chard (that'll be my next kit). Any any all suggestions on how to make wine that makes me never want to pay the state for another bottle are welcome.

I'm curious what folks do about bottles, labels, shrink caps, etc., too. I want my wine to knock my socks off and, in every other way, look it should do just that. Ya know? Presentation is important, I think.

Other than finally exploring this curiosity of mine, I'm into motorcycles, guns, the ocean and the mountains. If I could just get the kids to move out, I might have the money and time to get good at one of my hobbies.

Peace!

Jim

Last edited:
Welcome to Winemakingtalk, Jim! You will indubitably learn a lot here. Feel free to ask specific questions as you venture forth.

You can find the answer to many of your questions with little searching. I'll get you started on your question about labels: Check out this thread: http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/f83/post-your-labels-here-31429/

Hey Jim,

Somehow I missed your original post. Where in Central PA do you live? Some think State College is central, I'm thinking Harrisburg/Mechanicsburg is border line Central PA. I'm in South Central PA (East Berlin/York Springs), but my wife and I work in Mechanicsburg.

Either way, welcome, though I think you've belonged as long as I have.

Hey Jim,

Somehow I missed your original post. Where in Central PA do you live? Some think State College is central, I'm thinking Harrisburg/Mechanicsburg is border line Central PA. I'm in South Central PA (East Berlin/York Springs), but my wife and I work in Mechanicsburg.

Either way, welcome, though I think you've belonged as long as I have.

I once lived in Altoona... Now that's about as central pa as you can actually get. But, I'm just south of Harrisburg. In northern York County, a stone's throw from you.

Hi Jim.Welcome to WMT. I would suggest with this being your 1st kit wine, follow the kit instructions without tweaking yet so as to learn what you're doing and why, and then to taste the finished wine before deciding what you'd like to add to your next.And there will be a next and a next...:)

Latest posts

Back