making wine with orange juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kivanc

Reaction score
I have a recipe. It does not mention fermentation steps at all. Just says: "Put the juice in a jar with 2 pounds of sugar, the yeast nutrient, and 4 pints of boiled water. If you want sweeter one, add a further 1 pound of sugar when the fermentation has settled down." I can't figure out if there is any fermentation steps in this recipe. I need some explanation about making wine with pressed orange juice.

Thanks...

I would do the same with this as any other wine making recipe. And yes, the yeast will surely help! :)

I made some wine with orange juice a couple years ago. I used red star Premier Cuvee yeast. Here is the receipe:

Juice of 18 oranges
1 1/2 gallons of water
5 lbs sugar
1/4 cup of raisins
2 tsp yeast nutrient
1/2 pkg premier cuvee yeast

Before I bottled it I had to add about a cup of sugar and a cup of orange juice. It was pretty powerful stuff. 19% alcohol if I remember right:eek:. When it started the S.G was 1.130. I have one bottle left that I am going to save for a few years and see how it is after aging.

Taste

Can you compare the taste of orange juice wine to any other wine? I just cant imagine what it might taste like. Can it be a substitute for orange juice for breakfast? Just joking.
Thanks Pam

Latest posts

Back