metallic taste / sediment
I made a mango wine > 1 yr ago - it had a metallic taste and very high acid (the bottled water I used was high acid and the temperature was >90 at times), so I tossed most of it out. I kept 1 gallon for cooking, which now has a black sediment on the bottom, but the taste is much better (which leads me to question "why did I throw 4 gallons out"?).
Any idea what this would be? I did treat the acid at the time and used bentonite for clearing, but still couldn't resolve it, if that would be the reason for the dark sediment. ? any ideas