Wine Making & Grape Growing Forum > Wine Making > Beginners Wine Making Forum > Making wine in one week?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2010, 01:23 AM   #1
Savana123
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Making wine in one week?

I know it is not possible when you see this as a title until and unless you come to know that it is possible. Like, some people dont prefer homemade wine as it is not that safe but, it is not like that. The method shows that the wine cane be made within 7 days and not more. All it needs to require is proper alcohol content (i.e. ethanol).

I would like to know is there any recipe for making fast wine in the time span of 7 days?? and if yes then what are the steps for it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2010, 06:26 PM   #2
closetwine
Advanced Idiot

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savana123 View Post
I know it is not possible when you see this as a title until and unless you come to know that it is possible. Like, some people dont prefer homemade wine as it is not that safe but, it is not like that. The method shows that the wine cane be made within 7 days and not more. All it needs to require is proper alcohol content (i.e. ethanol).

I would like to know is there any recipe for making fast wine in the time span of 7 days?? and if yes then what are the steps for it.
A drinkable wine in 7 days.... Not happening.
3 P's young grasshopper!

Old 11-24-2010, 06:40 PM   #3
Tom
Original Senior Moderator

Liked 56 Times on 43 Posts

Not gonna happen.
Now if the primary is done in a week that does not mean the wine is drinkable.
Technically it is wine once alcohol has replaced the sugars.

Old 11-24-2010, 07:16 PM   #4
Minnesotamaker
Pee Meister

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts

Ohhh you high-brow wine makers are such doubters. If the lad wants wine in 7 days, he's gettin wine in 7 days (8 actually). The recipe and process in detail is available at this link. Enjoy the fruits of your labor.
WINE IN 8 DAYS

-- Lon
www.skeeterpee.com
"Like" it on facebook = www.facebook.com/drink.skeeter.pee

Old 11-24-2010, 07:42 PM   #5
cpfan

Liked 93 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Wine Kitz stores in Canada have been selling a 7-day accelerator pack. (Not sure if it is still available, as I have no real interest in it.) It is designed to work with kits, but probably could be used with non-kit wines. Although clearing a non-kit wine might take longer. Not sure about US availablility.

I personally think that making many kits in the right conditions (esp warm temperatures), and the right procedures could be done in 2 weeks to bottling.

BUT, and I emphasize BUT, that doesn't mean that the wine is ready to drink then. But that won't stop people from drinking it (or kill them or make them sick - unless they drink too much).

Steve

Old 11-24-2010, 07:49 PM   #6
Wade E
Administrator
WMT_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 238 Times on 187 Posts
Likes Given: 2

That accelerator is othing but Turbo Yeast Im pretty sure and Ive used that for another purpose, it does work supper fast and canalso reach abv's of about 22% but man does it leave a taste with it also. I would never use it again! Can you make wine in 7-8 days, yes but it aint going to be clear. You can typiacally ferm most most in that time frame but it will just be finishing fermenting and not even begin to clear.

Old 11-24-2010, 08:00 PM   #7
JohnT
Oeno-sapien

Liked 1174 Times on 803 Posts
Likes Given: 467

Quote:
Originally Posted by closetwine View Post
A drinkable wine in 7 days.... Not happening.
3 P's young grasshopper!
OMG, I agree with closetwine . ! week is not long enough to soften, rack, and clarify wine. Impossible!!!!!!!!

May we live as long as we want, but never want as long as we live.

Old 11-24-2010, 08:14 PM   #8
Dugger

Liked 66 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Liquor Quik also produces an accelerator - AcceleVIN - which contains " a special blend of EC -1118 wine yeast mixed with 3 different nutrient salts and vitamins and minerals " . It also contains clearing agents and when you use all this with the kit yeast and clearing agents you purportedly get fermentation done in 5 days and clearing in 2 days. Ready to bottle after 7 days!
It is recommended for low end kits and fruit kits and does say that the wine is ready to drink but will improve with age.
I haven't used one but may try it out of curiosity the next time I make a mist kit.

Old 11-24-2010, 11:32 PM   #9
1ChuckGauthier

I taste my fruit wines every evening when I stir them, and I have had ferment done in 7 days.........drinkable.........questionable for sure......interesting how the wine goes from sweet to almost sour

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder or Taste in this instance

Old 11-25-2010, 04:07 AM   #10
RedNeckWino

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I think if I was hard pressed for a bottle of wine with holiday dinner, The corner store sells Boons Farm that would taste better than a 1 week wine. Not trying to slam anyone, but been there-done that. Buy the cheap stuff for dinner and let the good stuff age.

Adding more flavors by the gallon!

This is my hobbie. There are many like it, but this one is mine!

Quick Reply