O'Kay I asked the question and was curious being a "Sanford- type of guy."I use to toss them until one day I thought of a few ways to possibly re-use this heavy duty bags. Here's a few thoughts of many uses that I came across.
1. Using the bag to hold fresh water. Down at the beach, I leave it on the hood of the truck to warm up. Then use it to wash off the salt, sand and what else when we're ready to leave.
2. I refill the bag with fresh fruit and juice...toss in the freezer for the next batch of wine. Using the "freezer bags" over time get injured with fine holes, etc. (and the wife screams) the bag is pre-weighed-labeled-and safe.
3. A Friend wanted one to keep filled with water under the passenger seat of his truck when it occasionally overheats. Doesn't take up room and lays quietly in place.
4. Extra "canteen" in the backpack for drinking water, use it as an "ice pack" for the cooler or your sprains,...etc.
5. And here is the best....keep it under your bed, so when you wake up one day and find out that the "world" is on fire, you can help "Smokie the Bear" save the forest!